Good majors for pharmacy and medical school?

Im not sure whether i should go into pharmacy or medical school.

I would like to be a pharmacist but i would also like to be a psychiatrist. which is where medical school comes in. I also am interested in radiology and anesthesiology.

However, I know that most people dont get accepted into pharmacy or medical school the first time, I know that some people dont get accepted into one until a couple years after college.

So what should i major in, that would benefit me in med and/or pharmacy school?

I like science. I want a good degree that would pay well because there is a chance that i may have to stick to the career options the degree gives me.

So, please name majors and a career option for that major.

Favorite Answer

Biochemistry

• Kay F

Chemistry is a pretty basic one that works well for both. However, there are colleges that offer 0-6 programs for a Pharm.D, so if you ever decide before you apply to places, you should look into colleges with that. Also, there are pre-med and pre-pharm pathways that can shave a year or two off of pharm/med school whilst getting your bachelors.

Source(s): Pharm.D student

Biochem is not bad, chem, biology and anything under bio is not bad either. Bioengneering is not bad either, if you can handle the engineering part. Science major may open the door to the biotech field of work and you just apply to get considered.