What mileage does a Bmw inspection light come on for a 2003 318i?

• dan
    Favorite Answer

Inspection I at 30k

Inspection II at 60k

Edit: The 15k count down on the dash for BMW vehicles is the oil change count down. This is affected by how hard you drive the vehicle. Inspections are not affected by how you drive, they are scheduled maintenance. The dash will, however, also notify you of when you are due an inspection. Instead of saying "oil" when you start the car, it will say "inspection" and give a number. The inspection typically (for most normal driving) coincides with an oil change.

I say typically because I can take my z4 to the track one day and the oil change monitor will go from 15k to about 7k or 8k, inspections stay the same.

• Zach

What Kenan said is correct, my 2003 325xi does this as well. If your taking about the warranty/dealership inspections that new cars get then I don't it will tell you obviously since this car is 9 years old and is most likely past the mileage for that anyways.

Your car should be the same as our 325s.

Your car may be different than my 325i but it requires it every 15500 miles and it counts it down for me when I turn on the car.

• Mark K

It's completely dependent on the type of driving that's been done, i.e, choked stop/go vs freeway driving.

Idk