Should I really date this guy?

I'm talking to this 35 year old guy who has a kid, and hes really funny and nice but there are 2 problems COMPLETELY against my morals. Hes 15 years older than me and he has a kid. I hate kids and I set up a no dating anyone more than 5 years older than me rule. Am I being shallow? should I actually try and have a relationship with him? I do like his personality and I feel like I'm turning my back on my standards i just got done telling my friend that dating middle aged men was not a good idea and here i go meeting this amazing guy whos less than 5 years younger than my parents. what should i do are my expectations too high? is it gross to like a guy that old?

If you hate kids that is going to end up creating a huge barrier in the relationship. That alone is enough to call it off.

Also, if you are viewing it like he is less than 5 year younger than your parents (who were pretty young to have you, admittedly) than you might have your father slip in your mind at inconvenient times if you know what I mean.

So, probably not. But, it wouldn't be the worse mistake you make.

No. please let him go. You will not make it. he has a kid and cannot spare all of his time for you. You will not like it and might want all of his attention. You have a generation gap and it's vey difficult to come over. Lot of problems. Just let it go and find someone within your age group. 5-7 yrs is ok.