I want to start using a facial brush but can i keep the brush head in a disinfecting liquid?

I want to start using a facial brush but can i keep the brush head in a disinfecting liquid?

i have acne prone skin and dont think using a brush everyday is a good idea as it might harbor bacteria and cause me to break out more.

the brush head detaches so i figure i can leave it in a cup of some kind of disinfecting liquid, is this a good idea? what kind of liquid can i use?

i bought the Olay Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System

Update:

thanks Mye, sounds good

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Amber
    Lv 5
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Use DIAL antibacterial soap. It is what I use on my piercings, so it is very safe for skin, so it will not harm your brush or your face. You might also try diluting your favorite acne meds and mixing it in with a soap of your choice ( make sure it is safe for skin and not too strong for your brush bristles)

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

It doesn't seem like a good idea to me. Soaking your facial brush for long periods of time in liquid may ruin the facial brush bristles. Just make sure that you air dry your facial brush in a clean place after every use. You should also regularly disinfect the brush head with disinfecting liquid (every 3 days maybe?).

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.