asul
asul asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 7 years ago

Would you ever open your door and let Loneliness in when you hear it knocking while you...?

...while you are having fun as it dangerously storms outside? Would you allow a moment of celebration to be spoiled by Loneliness in need, whatever its purpose may be?

Thank you for your insights.

• Sean
    Favorite Answer

Fear knocked at the door, faith got up and answered it, no one was there.

Loneliness is when you feel the world has left you, solitude is when you leave the world.

I have learned to cope with it.. There wouldn't be much I could do about it, so I would just let it in.. for a moment.. it's natural.. every time it happens, sooner or later, that thought will go away again.. the same way it entered my thoughts.

I think loneliness will always be a part of our life. When we miss a friend, when we miss a family member.. or when we just cherish a moment from the past, with someone close to our heart.. that feeling of loneliness will invade us. I don't think it's a bad thing though, I wouldn't be able to be constantly surrounded by people.. we need some time of our own, from time to time.. also in busy gatherings, our thoughts will go off of the gathering at times.. I wouldn't let it spoil the whole celebration though.. I think the people around me would make that thought vanish again after a couple of minutes :)

• Hi :))

Loneliness in need, whatever it's purpose may be? I suppose it would depend on what that means, exactly. I apologize, but without further detail, I don't have an answer. lol I'm taking these questions seriously!

Loneliness usually doesn't knock on my door, it's been in my heart for years. And no, I did not invite it in...for some reason God opened the door to my heart and let loneliness creep in, and it's been there ever since.

• ?

I think, YES, I have to Allow It, While Understanding , IT IS the LIFE of Me, Which Gives the SAFETY, While I Forgetting My self with the TEMPORARY Celebrations, and Find Myself , Within My WORLD, Which is I am Living with My Loving One, with Me. So, I am Not Alone, May be, I am Looking ALONE.

Loneliness is my friend. Too good a friend actually. So much so that when I'm with people it doesn't feel right.

• nico

there are so many social situations where I feel sad/lonely.. I don't know why? but I never shut it out. I am incapable of shutting it out. and I would never even want to anyways. loneliness, sadness, if I am feeling them they are my true feelings and I would never shut them out. that is like shutting out a family member! but some people have no problem with that..

• small

It creeps in unannounced..... I have learnt to live with it and that gives me the ability to create instead of recreation.

• Trust?

the one knocking would probably be me.

LET ME IN!!