Nestle asked in PetsCats · 7 years ago

Kitten thinks I am his mommy?

Hey guys, I adopted a baby kitten (male)about a week ago. My friend found him on the side of the street and gave him to me (since I am such a cat lover) now he is healthy and very active and eats normally... But lately he has been sucking on my neck... I guess he is feeding on my neck. Is this normal? Is there a way to stop it?? I mean he has sucked on my neck so hard he left me "hickeys" I know that weird and gross but I can't make him stop.

Favorite Answer

Yes! Perfectly normal lol. My cat likes to lick faces and necks as well. It's a sign of affection. And in a way, you are the mommy now!

Source(s): Proud mama of a 1 year old cat!

cats will be cats, hehe, well sine its still a kitten its quite natural, in time hell just stop and do other things to bother you, try playing with him so hell get tired and will just sleep

he'll probably grow out of it. if you really want you could try scolding him when he does it.