Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 7 years ago

i need to find out what i can give or do for my cat that is dieing or sick?

we think he got bit by a spider. but for the past few days he hasn't eaten, he cant walk he lays in his bed and when we try to move him a little he just flops down. i want to know if there is any way to save my cats life. we cant take him to the vet because we cant afford it...

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Then surrender him to an animal shelter who will provide the care he needs.

Yes, he can die from a spider bite.

Source(s): foster mom of cats/kittens
  • Laura
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

If you can't afford an emergency vet visit, then you shouldn't have a cat. Your cat is dieing. In my state, not giving your animal proper care is punishable by law. If the cops saw this, and you were in my state, they would take your kitten and any other animals that you have, fine you $500, and force you to serve 30 days in jail. If the kitten dies while in their care, they would have taken him to a vet right away and tried to save him, but if he dies then they will give you another fine of $1000 and keep you in jail until a court date that determines what your final sentence will be. You will be spending more time in jail because of it.

Take your cat to the vet. Cant' afford it? Then don't have a cat.

• detmut
    Lv 6
    7 years ago

i don't think it's a spider bite, at least not a serious one.

Brown recluse spider: Initially, bites from the brown recluse spider are not painful. The cutaneous form of reaction is seen within 2-6 hours of the bite with signs of localized pain and redness. A blister is seen within 12 hours of the bite; this lesion often progresses into the classic "bull's-eye" lesion. The skin dies and focal ulceration occurs within 7-14 days. Skin healing is very slow, taking several months, and scars may remain. The viscerocutaneous form with signs of fever, joint pain, weakness, vomiting, seizures, blood disorders, and kidney failure rarely occurs but is possible. Death is more likely if the viscerocutaneous form occurs.

Black widow spider: Signs of the black widow spider bite include regional tenderness and numbness followed by hyperesthesia. Muscle pain (severe) and cramping of the muscles of the chest, abdomen, back, and other large muscles occur. Abdominal rigidity without tenderness is a classic sign of envenomation by the black widow spider. Seizures are possible. Respiration may be compromised because of the abdominal cramping. Muscle rigidity decreases with time followed by muscle paralysis. Increased blood pressure and heart rate may be seen. Death is caused by respiratory or cardiovascular collapse. Extremely sensitive to black widow spider bites, cats show signs of severe pain, drooling, restlessness, and early paralysis. Death is common in cats.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

You still should take it to a vet. Borrow some money or something. Or call your vet and tell them you can't afford it, they can maybe make you pay later or something.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.