Environmental Engineering, BEST COLLEGE?!?

Hello everybody, I'm going to be a senior next year and I'm currently trying to find the best college in Texas for environmental engineering. Thank you for your help and I have another environmental engineering question up so if you can help me by answering it I would really appreciate it. I promise to pick a best answer

Best Answer

There are no environmental engineering programs worth attending. This job market is overcrowded and is not considered to be a legitimate engineering specialty by many other engineers. The problem is that employers want to hire engineers with in depth background in a particular field, such as chemical engineering (which of course can have many applications for the environment). They have little need for employees with a broad, but not deep, education in environmental engineering.