People telling their kids to "avoid" blacks?

I was just looking at Yahoo! News when I saw an article about how a white man was teaching his kids to avoid black people. Of course, I thought he was insane and that he's among the few that think that way. Well, apparently I was wrong. The comment section was a bunch of people talking about how blacks commit the most crime and that they tell their kids to avoid them too. One even said he crosses the street when he see's black people. Now, again, I just thought these few people were a bunch of nutjobs who actually BELIEVE stereotypes. But, what is your opinion? Just curious.

~Lots of Love, MM <3

Rick, as a black women, I would feel fine in a black neighborhood. Theres a difference between BLACK and GHETTO.

Here ya go Beverly: http://news.yahoo.com/national-review-back-warning...

Its the battle of the ages in the comment section... Luckily there are kind hearted people there too.

How am I more likely to commit crimes simply because of my skin color?

Favorite Answer

I am a white guy and I think I get what you're saying. I was on the comments on Yahoo News about the Zimmerman/Martin case and I saw all sorts of stereotypical and racist comments about black people on there. It's a shame that those comments on yahoo news get so many thumbs up too.

That's definitely racist... I can't believe that anyone can hurt you and these people are focusing one Black people.. When they should be afraid of their own race.. Because they're the sneaky ones.. And @ Rick.. I live in a nice Black neighborhood, I would feel uncomfortable in a White neighborhood..

You sound like one of those white kids who think that only whites can be racist, so let me ask you a question. Would you live in a black neighborhood? Would you feel as secure as you do in a white neighborhood? If you honestly answered no to both questions, does that make you a racist?

Wow, they have absolutely no life. I'd like to see their reactions when a non-black person brings harm their way.

I was outside a couple of minutes (came home, I was so hungry so I bought a hero sandwich) and some young woman (middle eastern or south Asian) and she looked like she was scared of me. She probably assumed I'd harm her. I still don't get how you're in a predominantly black neighborhood and you're scared. Go elsewhere then.

I didn't even know this was still an issue. That is ridiculous and sick. I mean, my family has always been a bit negative towards blacks even if they won't admit it, but I didn't know parents were brainwashing children.

The world is full of paranoid racists.

I'm kind of flattered that people fear me. Let's me know I have power over them.

Kinda makes me wanna carry one of my swords down the street in a heavily populated nonblack area. You know...just cuz. O.o

• Mark

My opinion is if these kids believe what their parents are telling them, they'll have sad lives.

A large number of black Americans are a bad influence and more likely to commit crimes.

that man loves his children, and doesn't care if he's called a racist.

Well almost half of reported rapes are black me raping white women, so I may tell my daughter to avoid them

PLEASE GIVE ME THE LINK TO THAT