Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 7 years ago

Is 14 a good age for this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dengeki_Novel_Prize

I feel I can do this, but at the same time I need some more practice, which I'm willing to do. I enjoy working on my light novel, but every time I look around everyone online keeps saying that it's too young to get published.

I'll work as much as I need to, I promise and I've already started looking up tips, working on drafts, story boards, etc. Should I wait until I'm older and if so, how many years?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Go for it. If you win congrats, if you don't, try again

• 7 years ago

Don't listen to the people saying you're too young to be published. That's complete crap. Writing knows no age and, while it knows experience, I personally believe the great writers are born with talent in them.

However, this is a big competition. I mean, HUGE. I say enter, but don't be discouraged if you don't win. Any contest awarding millions to the winner is a force to be reckoned with.

Good luck, don't stop believing in yourself. :)

• 7 years ago

If you really want to, go ahead! :D

Maybe you should get some older adults to help with the publishing and stuff like that, since you're only 14.

You should try, I mean you never know if you don't try. You could even win! ;)

Good luck! xx

Source(s): Opinions
  • 7 years ago

It's never too late to edit...write now, and if you or publishers feel it needs improvement before it goes on, you can always do it. Don't give up!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

i agree

get it done now, because the publishing process (especially for younger, first time novelists) is a nightmare and will probably take ages so you won't get done with that until even later

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

No, do it. Follow your dreams.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.