Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 7 years ago

Is 14 a good age for this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dengeki_Novel_Prize

I feel I can do this, but at the same time I need some more practice, which I'm willing to do. I enjoy working on my light novel, but every time I look around everyone online keeps saying that it's too young to get published.

I'll work as much as I need to, I promise and I've already started looking up tips, working on drafts, story boards, etc. Should I wait until I'm older and if so, how many years?

Favorite Answer

Go for it. If you win congrats, if you don't, try again

Don't listen to the people saying you're too young to be published. That's complete crap. Writing knows no age and, while it knows experience, I personally believe the great writers are born with talent in them.

However, this is a big competition. I mean, HUGE. I say enter, but don't be discouraged if you don't win. Any contest awarding millions to the winner is a force to be reckoned with.

Good luck, don't stop believing in yourself. :)

If you really want to, go ahead! :D

Maybe you should get some older adults to help with the publishing and stuff like that, since you're only 14.

You should try, I mean you never know if you don't try. You could even win! ;)

Good luck! xx

Source(s): Opinions

It's never too late to edit...write now, and if you or publishers feel it needs improvement before it goes on, you can always do it. Don't give up!

i agree

get it done now, because the publishing process (especially for younger, first time novelists) is a nightmare and will probably take ages so you won't get done with that until even later

No, do it. Follow your dreams.