sofi asked in HealthWomen's Health · 7 years ago

Am i Becoming Anorexic ?

Im 22 i weigh 165 pounds and im takeing Diet pills and laxatives . I take the Laxative after i eat once a day and the diet pills even when i dont eat... I use to weight 186 pounds. I walk a lot and over work out . Il do anything to be thin . There are days i dont eat at all

Favorite Answer

Your body may not "look" like a true anorexic yet, but be warned if you continue to do this you are going to have MAJOR problems! You need to stop with the pills and laxatives and start trying to eat a little more each day. At least you didn't weigh over 200 ibs. I did it naturally and weigh 160 now and i'm completely happy with myself. You look very pretty in your pic as well! don't let fake women that ARE anorexic and look "beautiful" make you think you have to look like that!

I really, really don't think laxatives are good ideas.

1. Your poop will get watery

2. Your digestion will go too quickly, not allowing you to get proper nutrients and you'll become weak.

Just eat healthy! Do something like being vegan during the week, only eating meat on the weekends.

I really, really don't recommend being like that. Just become fit and eat healthy meals, rarely drink sodas rarely have candy, and rarely have grilled/fried foods.

Just don't take laxatives!

Maybe you are becoming anorexic. It's more of a thing that you don't eat at all, so if that's happening I really recommend for you to start at least eating lunch everyday.

I hate when people become anorexic. I had a friend that was like that, I had to pressure her really hard to eat even a bite of lunch every day. Little did I know, I come back after a year of college and she's in the hospital because of dehydration and malnutrition. She nearly died, but now she's healthy and isn't freakishly skinny.

If you're doing this to impress somebody, just remember nobody likes people that are freakishly skinny. I actually think girls that are slightly chubby are kind of cute. My brother thinks they're pretty.

But point said, eat healthy!

Hi Sofi,

I'm a student pharmacist, and I'm hoping I can help you. It sounds like losing weight is really important to you, and its definitely a great goal to want to improve your health. But, it's equally important to make sure you're losing weight in a safe way.

You mentioned that you're taking diet pills and laxatives. Could you be specific as to which diet pills you've been using? It would help give me more information, as there are lots of different types out there. As for the laxatives, I'm concerned that they could be harming your health in the long term. If you use laxatives regularly over an extended period of time, your body can become dependent on them to have a bowel movement. This is dangerous because, if you were to suddenly stop taking the laxatives, your body may not be able to have a healthy bowel movement on its own, which can lead to serious health issues.

The laxatives are also an issue because you mention that you sometimes don't eat at all. Using some types of laxatives can cause your body to lose nutrients and electrolytes that it needs to function properly. If you aren't replacing these lost nutrients and electrolytes through your food, you could be dangerously shorting your body on important nutrients. Its important to eat a balanced diet throughout the day to make sure your body is getting everything it needs to be healthy. Skipping meals can actually be detrimental if you're trying to lose weight. It can affect your body's ability to metabolize food effectively throughout the day (that's why they say breakfast is the most important meal of the day!). If it feels like too much to try to eat a large breakfast, lunch, and supper each day, try to eat a bunch of smaller "mini-meals" throughout the day: a piece of fruit and a muffin, some veggies and dip, peanut butter on crackers. Try these "mini-meals" along with a moderately sized breakfast, lunch, and dinner to keep your energy up throughout the day, and make sure that you're giving your body all the nutrients it needs.

You mentioned that you walk a lot, which is a great form of exercise! However, you also said that you over-work out. I would encourage you to aim for a healthy exercise goal. 30 minutes of moderate exercise per day, 5 days per week is enough exercise to keep you healthy and in good shape, without being too hard on your body. Over-exercising can put too much stress on your body, which can be harmful.

Finally, my advice to you (if you wish to take it), would be to talk to a health professional you trust. It could be a doctor, pharmacist, nurse, or even a counsellor. They can help you stop using the laxative safely (which I think is very important for your health in the long run), and can help you lose weight safely by helping you plan out a good food and exercise plan. Also, its very important to not forget that you are beautiful, no matter what you look like! It can be hard when famous people, and even friends/family seem to be thin without trying. But women come in all shapes and sizes and are ALL beautiful. Its important to love yourself for the person you are, and respect your body enough to want to lose weight in a safe way.

I hope this helps, and good luck on your journey.

Leah

Source(s): Personal/professional experience

NO! U DONT GET THIN FROM NOT EATING AND THOSE STUPID PILLS THEY ACTUALLY HURT U AND NOT EATING MAKEA U HAVE WATER WEIGHT U HAVE TO HAVE A GOOD DIET EAT 6 SMALL PORTIONS OF HEALTHY FOOD INSTEAD OF 3 BIG MEALS AND EXERCIZE DONT DO THAT

Source(s): Me