Ben asked in SportsCycling · 7 years ago

Bicycle pannier bag suitable for racquets?

Are there any cyclists and racquet sports players out there who can recommend me a decent sized, modestly priced pannier bag for my new bike? I will need to carry two racquets (for tennis, badminton, squash) for the most part, maybe fitting one in each side. Right now I am carrying them in a rucksack which works well as I can fit two racquets in its laptop compartment but would like to have my back completely free when I ride. Has anyone else done this?

Cheers in advance.

Favorite Answer

There ya go... http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=sea...

Do NOT try to carry a laptop P/C in a pannier though. Best to transport that in a back-pack.

Have you thought about a double water bottle cage [Passport Double Seat Mounted Bottle Cage Bracket] holder under the saddle? You simply put the racquets through the slot in the two cages making sure you use leather saddle bag straps for the handles to hold them on the frame away from the spokes.

• John M

Just bungee them to the top of the rack.