People blame the guns but?

Why? The gunman is responsible there are 85 million gun owners who don't massacre movie theaters. If someone in that movie theatre had been carrying he could have ended the whole thing. I also find it strange that they think that outlawing guns will protect us. Why don't we ban drugs too no one will do them if its illegal. If you look into the cities with the strictest gun control laws, you will find they have the most murders. New York, Chicago ect

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

That is what so many people don't consider. If somebody had been armed at the theater, at Sandy Hook School, or other other massacre sites, the massacre would have been stopped. This is why massacres don't happen in high-crime locations. Too many people carrying guns, whether legally or illegally, and they could stop the massacre cold.

Shortly after Sandy Hook, there was a rampage shooter at a mall in Oregon. He shot two people. A man pulled out his concealed pistol and pointed it at the shooter with the AR. The shooter then shot himself, and that was that. No kudos for the hero though: the President and the Media are united in preserving the idea that guns are bad.

• Dennis
    Lv 6
    7 years ago

I think it's demographics, ethics, and the minds of the people.

You know in Germany they have STRICT gun laws here (military, stationed here), and yet you RARELY hear anything involving the cases we have here. They EXIST mind you, actually a few happened not too long ago in Berlin I believe, but they are FAR in between in comparison to the States.

HOWEVER, that's because one....Germany isn't as huge as America, easier to manage, and two Germany lives by different standards, as well as the population is mixed with different folks with different lifestyles.....sadly much of the crime involves people who AREN'T from Germany to begin with.

So that country can get away with it. In America it's different. Sure there may be millions of RESPONSIBLE folks with guns not blasting the heads off of everyone, however who's to say it's becasue those millions haven't been involved in a situation to USE those guns? Or who's to say they haven't been pushed to use it yet?

And THAT'S why so many of these bad gun issues are popping up. You have this huge DIVERSE country, full of different cultures, all with guns, and yet we're expected that they'll all have the 'responsibility' to use guns appropriately....not gonna happen.

Only problem is, you can't just 'ban guns'. That's like trying to ban cigarettes. It's distributed everywhere, it's impossible to stop such a thing. But at the same time, you can't just LET everyone have it...because you're still giving those perceived 'responsible' ones a chance to become whackjobs (if they weren't already), and go blasting everyone they see based on their maniac, scared, ruthless, or vengeful mentality.

You can only regulate it, which will require compromise and pissing off a couple of gun-ho country boys....OR have it regulated by the STATES, since those individual states would (or should) know more about how to care for their area than the Federal Government would as a whole in regards to something that honestly requires micromanaging according to AREA, and not as a whole.

I'd want less restrictions on gun laws in Chicago than I would in Utah, mainly because the crime is so bad if you ain't packin chances are you're going to die getting robbed. It's all about those demographics.

my 2 cents.

• 7 years ago

Guns are Banned in Chicago,, Hows That working out for them

• 7 years ago

Yep. When the criminals know they have no fear of retribution ... Uh? How does anyong think it is going to work?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

Buy as many guns as you can. Ammo too. You will need it.

Join your local Militia.

Source(s): Irate Irishman.com
  • 7 years ago

Well if you don't own or have a gun you sure can't shoot one. Guns are a problem too.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.