Aren't atheists deep down just afraid that if God exists they would have to turn from the sinful ways?

But atheists enjoy their sinful ways too much, they don't want to admit any other possibilities

Favorite Answer

Evil thinkers are evil doers...

I don't do sin - I leave it to experts like you.

Fundie is sexually obsessed-degenerate; he'd call a knotted piece of rope, Obscene.

Its mind is saturated with GUILT and FEAR.

It is programmed to believe it is a sick, evil, depraved, wicked person born of and in sin and forever a sinner; it even refers to any sex as fornication.

What hope has it for any type of normality after such negative programming?

It's a wonder more are not crippled by insanity.

Fundie is fully “programmed with superstition, FEAR, passivity, anti-intellectualism, obedience to fake authority, and rewarded for mediocrity and servile conformity…”

Judy: “We are born sinners, and will always have tendencies to wander away from God.

However God has made a way for us to gain an advantage.

If we choose to accept Jesus' sacrifice for us He will cover all our deficiencies.

Our own goodness is like filthy rags, but His goodness can save us.

It is very freeing to let Him take control of your life and trust Him to lead you the right way.

It works!

Practice listening to His prompts throughout your day and you'll learn to recognize them as coming from Him.

Give yourself to Him every day and see what He can do!”

Yer can’t make that stuff up…

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=201307...

~

• Many atheists, like myself, behaved much more "sinfully" when we were theists, in my case simply because I'm older now and have settled down with my family. This isn't to say that secular morality is superior to theistic morality (it is, but this is not evidence for such a claim), but in many, many cases it's impossible to tell an atheist from a theist based on the number of "sins" they commit.

If you think about it, to say that millions of atheists around the world have an ulterior motive that they're unaware of (but you are) is pretty absurdly arrogant. Of course, this idea did not originate with you, but comes from the Apostle Paul.

Most religions commit this sort of genetic fallacy as a means to discourage examining other beliefs, or require that adherents only consult internal church literature to find out about other belief systems. "Don't ask the atheist why he doesn't believe, ask us and we'll provide all the answers." This is, of course, an effective way to control the thinking of members and what to information they are exposed.

I don't think you realize how free you feel when you are no longer bound by the short sited-ness and ignorance that comes with being a Christian.

You look at ALL of the Cultures, religions that existed LONG before Christianity, how your religion has changed, how there is NO evidence of the flood, how EVERY single continent other than the tiny part of the middle east knew NOTHING of your god.

This is not a divine revelation, Christianity just happened to be picked up by the Roman empire.

If it wasn't Christianity it would have been something else...

As atheists have fewer divorces, affairs, teen pregnancies, STDs, and commit fewer crimes, the sinful ways schtick is all YOURS...

Porn in the USA: Conservatives are biggest consumers

16:18 27 February 2009 by Ewen Callaway

Americans may paint themselves in increasingly bright shades of red and blue, but new research finds one thing that varies little across the nation: the liking for online pornography.

A new nationwide study (pdf) of anonymised credit-card receipts from a major online adult entertainment provider finds little variation in consumption between states.

"When it comes to adult entertainment, it seems people are more the same than different," says Benjamin Edelman at Harvard Business School.

However, there are some trends to be seen in the data. Those states that do consume the most porn tend to be more conservative and religious than states with lower levels of consumption, the study finds.

"Some of the people who are most outraged turn out to be consumers of the very things they claimed to be outraged by," Edelman says.

• What "sins" do I partake in that are so detrimental to the people around me that I fear a god will perpetuate retribution upon me?

Oh wait, you don't know a single damn thing about me.

Oh wait! I don't even believe a god exists.

I'm accountable for the other 7 billion+ people on this planet and if "sin" is committing wrongdoings or doing harm to others, then you can rest assured I keep it to a minimum.

• ?

So you don't believe other God's exist because you are afraid you will have to follow their rules?

Like you don't believe in Krishna because you don't want to give up burgers and do yoga?

You don't follow Allah because you don't want to have to pray to Mecca 5 times per day?

Is that really your reasoning?

Because most people don't believe a God exists because they don't believe the God exists. Not because they fear what that God might be about if he did exist.

Wow, you are deluding yourself so much it's not even funny. No Atheists are not afraid. You need to get that out of your mentality. Not everyone believes in some book written hundreds of years ago that has multiple contradictions. They don't believe in a god, that doesn't make them immoral.

Stop deluding yourself.

You're saying atheists are "sinful". Define "sin" anyway? Is it what society has deemed right or wrong? When we as humans were barbaric, did we believe in false deities? No. Did we care if we had to murder another human for food, and cannibalize that person? No. Look what society has done. Everything is fúcked.

Brother, Don't argue with those foolish minded people. Let them play till judgment day.

What do you expect from them to answer. Their minds have been bombed by the devil.

Regards ;)

No. If we believed in a god we'd do whatever we had to in order to escape punishment.

What "sinful ways" do you think we're enjoying? Are you projecting, imagining that we do all the things you'd secretly like to do? Most of us have pretty straight, conventional lives.