Can I shoot someone if they break into my house?

Ok im 15 years old, girl. Last October a man broke into my house while i was home alone. He was all the way into the house and i walked into a room where he was hiding, my dog took me to him since i didnt know anyone was breaking in and i thought it was my mom. Scariest moment of my life when we came face to face. I ran for my life but tripped and hid he went past me an i slipped out of the house. I live in florida in a bad part of florida were theres alot of break-ins. My aunts house as been broken into 3 times and my grandmas was once. If that happened again could i shoot them? And what will he be charged for?

Favorite Answer

Under the law a firearm is not to be the left where a minor can get to it. However, if your emotionally and mentally prepared to save your life and feel you are in danger. Shoot the man, ask questions later.

you have to be an adult to have a license to own a firearm.

you'd need training and a permit to carry in Florida. So the answer to your question is NO you cannot. You shoot them and you'll go to jail, maybe for a long time. Most times a firearm kills and in that case your life would be over, you'd probably get the chair. Your aunt could get something to deter them like a system that notifies the police, and outside cameras to take their picture to turn in to the police. You could also move.

• Xarmin

Yes you can however you want to make sure that you shoot to kill. If they live they can sue your parents.

I very sorry that happend to you

Did you know that if someone breaks into your house steals things in the uppstairs and then fall down the stairs on the way down, they can sue you

• Frank

Yes, shoot them.