pdooma
pdooma asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 7 years ago

How are you reaching out to help one person in your local community who is in dire need?

Imagine what we could do if everyone reached out to at least one person and tried to address what they could help with.

I'm in Maryland.

But I have 4 homeless vets living in my home, thank you for your concern. I've found that I can make a deep impact on someone's life by being personally involved. I also tutor locally at no charge. And donate time and money to the local homeless shelters, pregnancy centers, etc.

Favorite Answer

You sound like a one person Salvation Army. Good for you. I don't know if what I do could match your degree of reaching out, and I feel awkward talking about it, so I won't. But good luck to you.

• AmberP

There is a couple here that is young, just getting started, hard working, and they have lost their place to live, even though they both have jobs. They are going to live with relatives and we are keeping their animal and have given them invitation into our own home if they should need it.

I also set up a little garden area in my yard that is tended by some of the kids in the neighborhood. There are a few tomato plants in there and a few different varieties of lettuce, and some radishes. I water it, they weed it and have been told they are allowed to pick what they would like to eat. They also helped plant the seeds in it. It will be about a month before anything grows big enough to eat, but it was a neat idea my kids came up with over the weekend.

I took a big TV to a boys home in Los Angeles for Jackie Slater.

Good day and a great group of boys.

Honestly I reach out and help as many animals in dire need that I can.

Maybe you can lead by example...

Possibly less time on Y!A and more time at local homeless shelters feeding the less fortunate is a good 1st start.....

That's what I do in Central Florida...

How about you in California???

There are no useless people in my community, they work hard to be in a nice place.

Remember god helps those that help themselves.

You mean like GZ did routinely before some thug attacked him for it?