we aren't friends with benefits but we aren't dating either....what are we!?

It's complicated because we never labeled ourselves. We are long distance so we knew labels would just create drama. We both have feelings for each other, but i think it's an unspoken thing that we should just refrain from labeling ourselves because that will only end up in heartbreak. A year from now we will no longer be separated by distance, so in the meantime i guess we are just maintaining our bond the best we can?

The times we get together we dont spend a minute apart and don't get sick of each other either. We are intimate like a couple but when we go out we split the bill. My parents think we are going to get married. My friends know about him and his friends know about me.

This has been going on for 4 months now. Everytime someone asks if we are dating we just tell them we are good friends. We arent friends with benefits, because we never started out as friends, we liked each other from the start and acted upon those feelings since day 1. But yet we are caught in the in between because it is inconvenient to start a relationship now because the distance is hard and I think it would only cause issues for us.

I really dont know what to call us, or how to explain our "relationship" to others.

Im really falling for him, but it's hard to fall so hard when i dont know where we stand.

Favorite Answer

It's kind of interesting that you say that you felt that labels would create drama, and yet here is all this drama swirling around not having a label.

My personal feeling as to what you are, to be blunt, is two frightened people. I don't mean that in a mean way or anything. But the fact is that you know you mean more to each other than FWB, but you're afraid of "labels" because of the distance and the possibility of heartbreak. The reality is that your emotions don't care about labels. A heart can break with or without a label.

I think you need to stop worrying about how to explain yourself to others. If you make each other happy, then just go with it. Don't be afraid of going after the things that you want. Life is too short to sit in a corner waiting for something to happen. Best of luck.