Nervous about getting my driver's license?

I'm nineteen years old, and have had my learners permit for so long that I had to get it renewed. I'm about to go take my driver's test tomorrow, and although I have driven way, way more hours than required, I'm nervous that they won't let me take the test since I'm now an adult and took the under 18 drivers license class. Will they still let me take my test? I live in Texas by the way.

Also, what counts as proof of vehicle registration? Is that the same thing as the title to the car?

Favorite Answer

Yes they'll let you take the test. There is a minimum age, but no maximum.

The registration is that little card that proves the vehicle is legally owned and plated, and you'll also need the other little card showing that it's properly insured. Ask the owner to show you that stuff, because you will need it.

When you take the test, remember this: Slow breaths. No kidding, slow natural breaths will keep your nerves from getting the best of you. That technique works so well it's used by firefighters in burning buildings and those guys who do death-defying stuff for a living. Use it, and you'll do just fine.

You're not going to just pass the test, you're going to beat it and make it say uncle.