Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (American) · 7 years ago

I wanna play football but...?

Ok so I'm a senior in high school I am 6 foot 250 lb. I always wanted to be a football player mostly to make my father proud but also to prove to myself I can do it. I missed the tryouts at school so I can't do that. I wanted to play as a DE or DT, I'm working on the weight and strength to do this. All I want is a chance. I will need some tutoring but I have that feeling I can be good. This is not a plead just a request for help like what do I need to train at in order to do this and how can I do better next time. If anyone has a contact that is willing to talk to me it give me the skype or number in the answer section, it would be very kind and you will have my thanks.

• ?
    Favorite Answer

Only thing you can do is talk to the coach to see if he will let you give it a shot... He makes the decisions.... Good luck...

I'm a DE, and I love it, every step is worth it to play. For you I would recommend sprinting, squats, and all forms of bench press (Regular, close-grip, Decline, Incline, wide) you should be in peak physical performance as well as a good vertical, broad jump, 40 yard dash, and shuttle. Do explosive lifts like hangclean, powerclean and pushpress. Depending on what your physique is will determine your DL position. You should be conditioned, and the mentality that no matter what you're going to knock that ball carrier on his *** and make him never go towards your side of the line again. There's so many things I haven't covered but youtube will be your best friend, be smart on and off the field study your defense know everything you're responsible for, talk to the coach and tell him you're there to bust your *** on the field. Since you're a senior he will not lower his expectations for a varsity player, learn everything you possibly can through other players and the internet, you should lift at a minimal of 4 times a week as well as conditioning with lifting.

Source(s): Me, Varsity DE FB
  • ?

Talk to the coaches and start coming in early doing tons of practices to make up for it. Simply say I don't care what it takes, I will do it. Also come up with some excuse (good) why you missed.

But really you are going to have morning and more workouts than anyone on the team. Say you will run more after practice or something.

Don't hurt yourself, but you are going to have to push yourself to the limit to prove you belong.

Go GET IT!

lakdjfl;dsjfads;klfjasdklfjaf

• Cu Tie

I highly encourge you to join your high school football team this upcoming season. It will still not (yet) be too late for you to start playing football.

Based on your height and weight, I believe that the best fit for you is at defensive tackle. You have the ideal size for a high school senior defensive tackle.

Remember, the best way for you to prove yourself is thMy best advice for you is to work hard and perform very well in practice every day. In addition, what you need to do this summer is eat healthy, exercise by doing weight lifting, and either jogging or going for a long run every day. If you do these things, you will get faster, stronger, and into better shape, which will greatly improve your chances of being a successful, top notch defensive tackle in high school football this upcoming season, who could go on to play college football.

By the way, your chances of playing college football depend on your performance in football during your senior year of high school. If you perform very well in football during this upcoming season, you will greatly improve your chances of getting recruited to play for a college football program.

Apologize for missing them and work as hard as u can in practice and u seem like the right size for a center or guard as well