Neighbor is feeding stray cat, now it sits outside MY window?

This has become a serious problem. I live in a lower level apartment. A stray cat showed up 2 weeks ago. My child is a huge cat lover. She cries every time I tell her to get away from the cat. It has fleas, chases us to and from our car (I don't know if it is diseased or lonely) and has now started sitting outside my apartment window. It cries all hours of the night and my child cries and gets mad at ME because "I am mean" and so on.

My idiot neighbors above me in the complex are throwing it anything and everything when it comes to food. So now, it is here to stay. I searched everywhere for animal control. We have none in PA. I got a number for licensing dogs. Called it, they gave me "Critter control". They do not handle strays.

The Humane Society of PA will not help. They want me to load it up in my car (which is new) by hand and drive it to their shelter. I know it will scratch and spray everywhere because it is a male. I just want it gone. Any phone numbers will help!!! I run to my car and Im afraid it will scratch my daughter soon as it chases us around. Ty

• Jack
    Favorite Answer

You could buy a water pistol and squirt the cat with a jet of water at night when it sits outside your window for its nighttime concerts.

I would not advise you to approach a stray and possibly frightened animal. Fleas would be the least of concerns if it bit you.

As for the neighbors, have it out with them about feeding the stray. If they persist, report them to complex management; what your neighbors are doing is tantamount to having a pet in what may be a no-pet complex, so review the policy on pets.

• KillaZ

You can probably rent a trap from the city.

You can get one from the police station here for $8 a week.

Try to get a trap and take it to the Humane Society.

Ask your neighbor to keep it inside if she wants it as a pet. Or, you can put a thick pair of gloves on. And put it in a cat carrier and take it to the Humane Society.

Your kids are right. You are mean.