Hod do you start your own trucking company?

I'm 19 years old and I'm considering getting CDL training so I can get my class A CDL but I've heard that you can make more if you buy your own truck and start working for yourself but I need to know how I'd go about doing so

Favorite Answer

1. To start your own trucking company involves a lot of work and responsibility, and there may be hidden costs. It will be a significant advantage if you have some accounting and truck mechanic experience.

2. Instructions

1) Construct a business plan for your new trucking company.

2) Decide whether you will haul freight locally, within your own state or across the country. Also, decide what type of freight you will carry.

3) Get financing. If you are not able to finance your new trucking business on your own, you will need to obtain financing. Start by trying to obtain a personal or commercial loan from your current bank, where you have your personal checking and saving accounts. You already have a financial relationship there, which might help. If this bank is not able to finance your business, it may offer viable suggestions for getting such a loan. You may also seek money from private investors, to whom you will owe part of your profits at some point. Acquiring the necessary capital may not be easy.

4) Register your trucking company with the Secretary of State office in your state.

5) Contract trucking loads out to other owner/operators, if your funds are limited.

6) Shop around for insurance. You need insurance to cover your truck and any vehicle you might damage while driving or for injured persons.

7) Update all log books promptly. The log book tells where the load originated and the time, as well as the drop-off destination and time delivered.

8) Hire an accountant to set up an accounting system for your trucking business. The

9) Set up business with freight brokers. Every time you contract for hauling a load one way, make sure you have a load to bring back to your home location. An empty truck is not making money for your company.

3. For detailed Instructions, please Read: http://www.ehow.com/how_2310528_start-trucking-com...

.

.

Source(s): As Above .....

When you're thinking about starting your own business it's great to go in with experience under your belt already. There is a lot of paperwork involved and you must be sure you have all the permits and decals you need (every state is different, so the paperwork and forms you need will vary depending on what states you're going to be running in).

It's always a good idea to get help from professionals if you're not sure where to start. This is something we do every day - so we stay on top of things! You can give us a call anytime and we'd be happy to help you. Most of our clients work hard to get their company off the ground and they don't want to jeopardize missing a deadline or a permit - this could cost you thousands...or even your company!

Source(s): --Truck Services of North America, support@tsnamerica.com 803-386-0320 www.tsnamerica.com