Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 7 years ago

I love my boyfriend, but...?

My boyfriend isn't very popular with my friends and family. He smokes weed and does harder stuff every now and then. They tell me about how he's a lot of trouble. I love him, but I don't want the drugs to be his life. I talked to him before about this. He said he's sorry, but he 'can't live without drugs.' What am I supposed to do now?

Favorite Answer

I'm sorry but people who do drugs are very hard to live with. You love him now but you'll be kicking him out when he makes your life hell. People like him steal from loved ones, are unreliable and constantly lie. He will never get over the drugs if he thinks he 'can't live' without them and puts them before you. You don't want to be with a guy like that, I'm sorry if this isn't what you wanted to hear. People like that just don't change, even if he goes cold turkey for a bit, he will always return to them. Not only that, but your relationship with your family and friends will be ruined and that is a lot worse than dumping him. Get rid of him and get over him and find a nice lad before he ruins your life, because it sounds like he is already ruining it.

This situation reminds me of my favorite book 'Go Ask Alice'. Tell him to get some help treatment. I'm suspecting that you possibly already said that to him but I have no clue.

Bottom line is it has to be a personal choice to become clean. Do not become another victim. The most important part is to tell him that he has people who loves him and cares about him. Who wants to see him happy and not be happy WITH drugs. But without. Start from there SLOWLY. It might take some time for the decisions to come passing through but I think some personal help on drugs can make an improvement, possibly?

He sounds like a decent guy who at least apologized for doing drugs because he knows that it's not only affecting him but it's affecting you. But let him think about it on his own because too much pressure is not good. I hope he's doing okay, by the way. :)

It's hard but you help him or leave him you could start and someone els better without drugs in there life will be there

There's never any "but's" when it comes to love. If you have to say 'but' then you might reconsider if it's not something else.

Take him as he is or find somebody else