L'amore asked in TravelMexicoMexico City · 7 years ago

can I take alchohol in a plane from U.S (Houston) to mexico?

I will travel to Mexico next month I I want to take my dad's favorite bottle wine but I don't know if they will allow it since is an International flight. Does any body knows if there is a law prohibiting that?

Thanks

• Dash
    Favorite Answer

It's not against the law as long as it is in your checked baggage.

Each airline has slightly different rules for how it must be packed to insure that it does not break.

You probably would be better off buying the wine at the duty free store in the Houston airport. Why not call and see if they sell that particular brand. If not pack it in your checked baggage, leave unlocked or use a TSA lock. I would also double bag it in zip lock bags.

You cannot carry it in the cabin, except what you get at the duty free shop.

Oh yeah, I forgot to say that you must be 21 to buy it in the USA. If not, your are caught.

• Millie

I only know that if you buy at the Duty Free shop you can take that. Hopefully, someone will come along with the correct answer. You could call Custom's and Boarder Control and ask them. Good Luck >3