Does unemployment call the employers you lost on your job search paper where u write down the person contacted?

Do they call to see if you have applied with them or do they even bother checking if you even have an application with the employers you write down on your work search sheet? Only asking because I wrote down most real employers I contacted but some I don't remember if I did have an app since I only called them.

Favorite Answer

It truly depends, They have a "lottery" system where they will randomly pull people to do this with. It is nearly impossible to call every ones unemployment in the state.

While I agree with your thesis I must question your numbers. USA has a population of just over 300 million, maybe 330 million including old people, illegal aliens and kids. You claim almost 100 million of working age are out of work. Something's wrong with that number.

only if they suspect you are lying (like someone reported you for fraud) .... they don't have the time to call on everyone

on a side note... use monster.com

Easy to apply for jobs once you have your info entered in, enabling you to apply for more jobs in less time. My husband got his current job this way.

Yes they do

Source(s): Experience