I need help with math!!?!?
1.Which ratio is equivalent to 14\21
2.Which rate is a unit rate
b.26 miles\1 gallon
c.300 miles\1 hour
d.1 cup\3 scoops
3.The price of an extra-large pizza increased from $12 to $15.
What was the percent of increase in the cost of the pizza? Round to the nearest percent, if necessary.
4.Clare has 130 songs in her music collection. Fifty-nine of the songs are rock and roll.
About what percent of the songs are rock and roll?
5.What is the solution to the proportion? 6\x=9\12
6.What is 13\20 written as a decimal?
7.A bag contains 8 oatmeal cookies and 10 molasses cookies.
What is the ratio, written in lowest terms, of oatmeal cookies to the total number of cookies in the bag?
4 to 5
5 to 9
4 to 9
5 to 4
8.What is 0.025 written as a percent?
9.What is 6% written as a fraction?
10.Three tickets to a concert cost $54.
How much do 7 tickets cost?
- Anonymous7 years agoFavorite Answer
1. 14/21 = 2/3, the top and bottom are both divisible by 7
2. Do you mean which is NOT a unit rate? b, c, and d are all unit rates, a unit rate is any fraction comparing two different units. b, c, and d all do this, but a only has hours, so it is probably the answer. Check the problem again, i think it is asking which is not a unit rate.
3. Percent increase = Increase amount / Original price. So $3 / $12 = 25% increase.
4. Percent = rock n roll / all songs. So 59/130 = 45%.
5. Cross multiply, 9x = 72, x = 8.
6. Just plug it into the calculator. 0.65.
7. Ratio is oatmeal / total cookies, but you have to add the numbers to find total cookies. Total is 8 + 10 = 18 cookies. So the ratio is 8 to 18 or in simplest terms 4 to 9.
8. Just multiply by 100, the answer is 2.5%.
9. Divide by 100, the answer is 6/100 or simplified 3/50.
10. It;s a proportion, 3 tickets / $54 = 7 tickets / x. Cross multiply.
3x = 378, x = $126.
Make sure you understand how to do these problems, don't rely on Yahoo Answers to do it for you. Make sure to know them so you can do well on the test. Good luck with math!