Can you name something that you have the right to do, but it wouldn't be right to do it?

Favorite Answer

In here,I'd love to stand for no abortion but then not all love the idea.

Sure, there's lots of stuff which would be legally right but morally wrong. The first example that comes to mind is that a young couple that bought my home still owes me $2000. They were supposed to pay me in installments. Recently they've had some severe medical problems and the garage and workshop which was on the property burned down. I could insist upon payment or even take them to court, but I don't need the money. If I never see it again, it really doesn't matter. I just hope they can overcome all their problems and that it doesn't cause their marriage to fail.

are you looking for a dichotomy between morals and ethics? or legality and morality/ethicality.

legally MISfeasance, as opposed to MALfeasance fits this

also nonfeasance

for example, mopping a floor and not putting up a wet floor sign. I have a right to mop, I may even have a duty to mop. It wouldn't be right to not put up a sign; someone may get hurt. If someone DOES get hurt i may be EITHER malfeasant for the mopping or nonfeasant for not putting up a sign. In BOTH cases I have the right to do as I did

We have the right of free speech but it does not mean we can use it to hurt someone on purpose

• Saying hurtful things to others.

Well I could marry someone rich, have a kid, and take everything they have.

• Stalk an unarmed teenager, kill him, then call it "standing your ground"!

Emotionally overwhelmed... best to stay calm.

Not answer this question, but then if I didn't answer, how would you know?

Abortion, carry a gun, kill someone in self defense.