Can you name something that you have the right to do, but it wouldn't be right to do it?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

In here,I'd love to stand for no abortion but then not all love the idea.

• 7 years ago

Sure, there's lots of stuff which would be legally right but morally wrong. The first example that comes to mind is that a young couple that bought my home still owes me $2000. They were supposed to pay me in installments. Recently they've had some severe medical problems and the garage and workshop which was on the property burned down. I could insist upon payment or even take them to court, but I don't need the money. If I never see it again, it really doesn't matter. I just hope they can overcome all their problems and that it doesn't cause their marriage to fail.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

are you looking for a dichotomy between morals and ethics? or legality and morality/ethicality.

legally MISfeasance, as opposed to MALfeasance fits this

also nonfeasance

for example, mopping a floor and not putting up a wet floor sign. I have a right to mop, I may even have a duty to mop. It wouldn't be right to not put up a sign; someone may get hurt. If someone DOES get hurt i may be EITHER malfeasant for the mopping or nonfeasant for not putting up a sign. In BOTH cases I have the right to do as I did

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

We have the right of free speech but it does not mean we can use it to hurt someone on purpose

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Saying hurtful things to others.

• 7 years ago

Well I could marry someone rich, have a kid, and take everything they have.

• Stalk an unarmed teenager, kill him, then call it "standing your ground"!

• 7 years ago

Emotionally overwhelmed... best to stay calm.

• 7 years ago

Not answer this question, but then if I didn't answer, how would you know?

• 7 years ago

Abortion, carry a gun, kill someone in self defense.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.