How long will pneumonia last when taking perscribed antibiotics?

Hello, Y! Answers! Recently, my mother got pneumonia. After a week, she went to the doctor's to find out what was wrong and found out that it was pneumonia and the doctor gave her a ton of antibiotics for it. I am really worried about my mom because I read that pneumonia kills people. She's in her mid 50's and has diabetes (Don't know what type) if that helps.

Please, no rude comments.

Treatment for pneumonia depends on the type of pneumonia you have and how severe it is. With bacterial pneumonia, most people begin to improve after 1 to 3 days of antibiotic treatment while viral pneumonia usually improves in 1 to 3 weeks. Hope your mom will be better soon. You may also check http://zithromaxclassactionlawsuit.org/ for more information.

Hi there , thankfully pneumonia causes very few deaths these days ,antibiotics can get rid of pneumonia in 2-3 weeks if its the right amount of the right drug.

Good luck to your Mum.

Source(s): Years of respiratory experience.