how do i print my pdf and tif and other attachments that are on black screen?

i've got windows 8. i'm getting attachments to my emails and when i open them the attachment is on a black screen. how the hell am i supposed to be able to print them? there's nothing, nowhere that helps me figure this out. it's so infuriating.

Favorite Answer

I don't know about TIF files but I do know that Windows 8 has it's own PDF reader app called simply Reader. So when you open a PDF, Reader loads and should show you the document. The charms bar is kinda like the universal menu for apps in Windows 8. It can be opened by pressing the Windows key + C.

Click Devices on the charms bar. You'll see your printer there if your printer is on and connected to your PC. Give the printer icon a click to open the print dialog. Or you can do it the easy way. When you have your PDF document open, press Ctrl + P to open the print dialog. This works with any program so once you have it memorized you won't have to remember where any programs hide their print commands in the future.

If you're viewing your TIF files using the Photo app then you can use either Ctrl + P to print or print from the charms bar.

I highly recommend installing Adobe Reader and making it the default PDF viewer and finding a desktop program for TIF files and set that as the default as well so you don't have to deal with the lame Windows 8 default apps.

- Dominic