If my apartment application gets denied , can I still move in with my friend?

I recently filled out an apartment application and my application may get denied due to credit issues. My friend also filled out the application. Will I still be able to move in with her without my name being on the lease and just pay her rent? Also can credit repair services get my application approved if they are working with me? Are there any tips recommended on how to work with the apartment management?

• R P
    Favorite Answer

Absolutely NOT!

You cannot move into someone else's property without their permission. The rules apply to you, too. If you do so anyway, your friend is subject to eviction for a lease violation. And you are a trespasser.

Source(s): FL landlord
  • ?

No you can't move in. Everyone 18 or older must be on the lease. A credit repair service cannot make negative remarks on your credit report disappear.

It is the choice of the apartment management whether or not you will be allowed to move in with your friend. Your friend would need sufficient credit and income to pay ALL of the rent on her own. That you would chip in won't satisfy management.

If the landlord requires all adults to be on the lease and your application is denied you can not move in

Source(s): I am a landlord