What do you think about taking a class you don't even know professor's name?

We register classes online and half I don't even know who I am taking, most of the time I show up to class and they switch professors up from who i really wanted to take.

What do you think?

for some it might seem bad (illegal) you may get someone you or your family have a problem with, or just wanted to avoid in the first place...

Favorite Answer

I really don't mind it. When determining my schedule, I have the following priorities:

1. If the class I want to take is available

2. If the class I want to take is available at a favorable time

3. If the class I want to take is available at a favorable location

4. Who the professor is

It might be different for you, but I go to a rather large university, so I almost never know the professor's name or who the professor is when I register. Sure, sometimes I look at RateMyProf and see how other students view him/her, but I will usually take the class anyway and gain an opinion for myself.

Just this past semester, I registered for a course, the professor of which had gotten consistent 1.0 out of 5.0 ratings for being a hard grader, being rude to students who ask questions, being unfriendly during office hours, etc... (there was only that one class offered for that semester). I had expected that I would need to study my butt off on my own, but surprisingly, the class went fairly smoothly and the professor was nicer than the reviews made him out to be.

I rarely have a clue who any of my teachers at university are...