Will I have to go to court if I drop out of high school?

So I live in Washington and I'm 17 going on to my senior year of high school. I've thought of dropping out and getting my GED for a really long time and I've decided I want to. the reason for this is because I screwed up really bad my past three years in high school and currently behind so many credits that I don't think I'll be able to get back in a year. and I don't want to be a super senior. What would I have to go through to drop out legally and not go to court? or do you have to go to court no matter what?

1 Answer

  • 7 years ago

    You don't have to go to court. I dropped out 2 months before I turned 17. I just stopped going and they eventually just disenrolled me or whatever. Then I just waited til I turned 18 to get my ged.

    If you want yours before you turn 18 then what you do is go to your guidance counselor and tell them you're dropping out. They will try and try and try to get u to stay which is annoying but just sit there and keep telling them you are dropping out and you need the to sign the papers (they will provide them) so u can go et ur ged

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.