What do I need to play an N64 game on the Wii?

I've recently gotten into the Legend of Zelda franchise since getting Skyward Sword (almost done with it. Awesome game :D). I'm going to be getting Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask from the Wii Store once I get the points required. I have a Gamecube controller I bought so I can play Wind Waker and Twilight Princess. Can I use that for N64 games?

Also, do I need a memory card for N64 games? I also bought a Gamecube memory card for Gamecube games. Will that work if I need a memory card? Thanks

Favorite Answer

All you need to play N64 games on Wii is a classic or GameCube controller. No memory cards. If you want your games free (but illegally unless you have a physical copy) you could use letter bomb to install homebrew on it and get an N64 emulator which can use any controller for the Wii.

Source(s): I have done plenty of Wii hacking.
  • Sarah

I'm a little confused where a N64 fits into this. But here let me explain..

Ocarina and Majora are available to buy on the GameCube. You do need a GameCube memory card to play GameCube games on the wii, there's a slot for the memory card in the back of a wii system, as well as the place to plug the GameCube controller in which you also need.

So you need: GameCube game, memory card and controller.

Sounds like you have the right idea, just grab ocarina and majora for GameCube (it comes in the same disc) (or just download it)

Oh and skyward sword is my least favorite. Majora's Mask is my favorite. I just got a tattoo of the mask a couple weeks ago.

Source(s): Obsessed with zelda

on the wii ther is somethin called the virtual console in ther u can download games from the NES SNES and N64 for a small price u can go to the store and buy a card with 2400 points for 20 bucks redeem the code on the wii and download games, since the wii is fairly new not that many games r on the virtual console but they r updating every month. but if u r tryin to play the actual n64 cartirages u cant

I forgot if u can use a gamecube controller but u can use a classic controller