should i take out loans to go to college?

okay i have been stuck on this for awhile. i graduated highschool with a 3.6 gpa unweighted, good grades and i am a really smart guy.i have been accepted to universities in my state and decided to going to one which is 17000 a year.my dad wants me to go to a cc which is not bad but because of financial aid and scholarships i only have to take out 6000 in loans which doesn't seem too bad because i really like this university, academics and also the social aspect. at first i wanted to go to a cc but i learned recently that the reason my dad wants me to go to a cc is because he has to pay for his other children private schools which amounts to lots of money .that made me realise that my dad could contribute, but decided not to. what should i do?

i have nothing against the army,but i don't think it's for me. and if i get a part time job on the weekends i would be able to pay all my loans by the end of the school year.

Favorite Answer

Honestly, I would go for community college. That's just me :)

If your cc offers the degree you are interested in, go for it.

Source(s): community college student

Easy, just join the Military (In your case the Air Force) and let them pay for all of your education.