Is this too forward, not forward enough, or just right?

I have a little crush on this one girl and I was talking to her while she was taken. Some time went by and our texting went silent for about a month or two (when someone is too slow to respond over something like a week or two I stop trying), but when I learned she broke up with the previous guy, of course, here I am yet again.

We're both artists, so it's the main thing we have in common, most of our conversations include art. She doesn't get out much, she's only been in one relationship, and she's kind of a loner. So I've been being her friend here and there but I've always been attracted. -and when I learned she's basically never dated, had a date, felt special, etc. I feel like I want to do something about it.

It's funny though, because when she was with the guy, I joking said if she was ever single again, remember to look me up. She tells me "maybe". So at least there's that. -But it was a while ago and I'm sure that initial little bit of mutual attraction is gone on her part at this point.

So here's what I'm planning to do. I asked her to sew me something, she said she'd do it and she'd charge me a few dollars for it. I learned she spends a lot of time on the internet window shopping because she can't afford a lot of things. So, I actually bought one of the things she mentioned, I thought it'd be sweet to show up at her door, get ready to pay her, and ask if she would rather have this gift, (the value is a few dollars more than what she's charging me). But uh, for the situation at hand, I'm not sure if this might seem a little weird. Like it's too much, or if it's not enough. (Idk, maybe I'm doing something wrong) I want to show her that I'm interested, or at least that I care for her -in such a way it isn't a turn-off, I don't want to make a mistake here. I just want to be understood.

-Then I was going to play on her sudden happiness (because if she accepts it, I think it would be safe) and ask if she wants to grab a bite to eat.

Thoughts? I'm all ears. (please no macho "you need to step up your game" comments)

I'm a nice guy here, thank you.

I'd essentially be paying with the item I got, you see.

Favorite Answer

You need to step up your game!

Don't worry, I'm joking :D

I think you should go along with your plan, just make sure you pay for the food :)

You do sound like a nice guy, but that is not enough. A relationship is about communication. You need to communicate with her, not buy her things. Especially not before you can be certain that there is actually a connection between you.

Talk to her :) Girls don't like the feeling of owing someone.

i am a girl and i think that is just right... i would find it really sweet and i would just take the item instead of the money.. u should totally do it