Clutch or. transmission....?

: (. Ok so I drove to work this morning with no car trouble. I drive a 2000 Hyundai tiburon 5 speed manual. On my lunch break I decided to relax in my car with my Ac on and when I stepped on clutch it seemed to have alot more push to it n springing ness, I thought nothing of it.

On my way home it became an issue. 1st gear" was hesitant to go even after I let off my High up clutchand second gear was um bumpy but going and slow. When i shifted to 4th n even 5th gear it was ok. . I HAD NO PROBLEMS SHIFTING INTO GEAR. but when I shifted the rpms were higher than they should be for 2nd or 3rd gear.

I never had my. Transmission fluid changed and im afraid it i do it now it will lock it up. I have a Mechanic app first thing tomorrow buy. Am so curious on any explanation on how this happend while parked...

Thanks for any info gang. Wish Me luck and serious answers only.

P. S. My car has 155 K miles and never had any transmission or clutch work. Never needed it. I take well care of my car.

Favorite Answer

First impression is the clutch is worn out.

But,I think these are hydraulic,so check the fluid.Should be a small bowl shaped unit under the hood that will have the fluid for it.See what the level is.It might be something that simple.Or the slave cylinder is leaking,which will cause the fluid to dissipate

Or,of course,the clutch is just worn out and will need replacement

Source(s): Retired ASE Master Tech

Difficulty shifting, in 1st gear or even more so with reverse, is a symptom of bad clutch pedal linkage.

If it is cable, it could be stretching, if it is hydraulic it could be leaking or have air in it.

Watch the movement from inside the engine compartment, as someone depresses the pedal.

Then try pumping it.

But you also should top up the gear oil.

But at those miles, it is surprising the clutch has not needed being done yet.

I would say your clutch needs replaced.