Looking for new budget headphones....?

I bought a JVC HA-S700 2 years ago and the wire finally died on me. I loved them. Bought them for 30 bucks or so at the time.

Now I'm shopping for new headphones similar to those, but I don't want the same headphones again.

I liked the fact that they were very flexible (folded in for travel, etc) and blocked out outside noise (but not to an extreme point where I couldn't hear if someone was trying to get my attention several feet from me.

I bought a pair of Sennheiser HD 202's and don't like them. Random super long cord with gigantic piece of plastic where you are meant to wrap the excess wire, very rigid design; cant really put it in my backpack without probably breaking them, and the ear cups barely fit my ears and the earpads feel rough (though I guess that may change when I break it in.

Help? $30 price range only please.

Looking for closed, over ear headphones please

Favorite Answer

You must compromise with size and quality, sorry. Sennheiser IS the most affordable quality brand anyway, so look for their smaller products such as PX100-II or PX200-II for example.

If actual high quality is a controversy, please choose for respected manufacturers purely alongside with B&W, Sennheiser (maximum much less high priced), Shure, Grado, Denon, AKG, Audio-Technica, Etymotic or Beyerdynamic. issues like Klipsch, Sony, Panasonic, JVC and Philips are purely "ok-ish".

I have a pair of Meelectronics earbuds. I like them very much.

http://www.amazon.com/MEElectronics-A151-BK-Balanc...