Was Adam and Eve a flawed concept?

According to some Theist, Adam and Eve were created from dirt and a rib in order to populate the world in accordance with God's plan.

The lack of diversity in DNA caused by incest can lead to genetic disorders like albinism, cystic fibrosis, haemophilia etc... And can adversely affect your immune system. So wouldn’t it have been wiser for God to continue to create humans out of dirt and ribs rather than risk genetic disorders by choosing to people to breed an entire population.

Isn’t this a fundamental flaw in God’s plan?

Update:

@?: It is a concept - it certainly is not fact.

Update 2:

@Darker Than Black: Why would you assume that? On what foundation is that assumption made?

Update 3:

@Darker Than Black: It's a made up story and it makes no mention of the creation of other humans. It is illogical - you have the mind of a Theist. You are filling gaps with your own baseless make-belief. Can I state that any more clearly?

Update 4:

@SalveofGod: How do you explain this, for which there is actual physical evidence:

AL 288-1, "Lucy", Australopithecus afarensis

Discovered by Donald Johanson and Tom Gray in 1974 at Hadar in Ethiopia (Johanson and Edey 1981; Johanson and Taieb 1976). Its age is about 3.2 million years. Lucy was an adult female of about 25 years. About 40% of her skeleton was found, and her pelvis, femur (the upper leg bone) and tibia show her to have been bipedal. She was about 107 cm (3'6") tall (small for her species) and weighed about 28 kg (62 lbs).

MH1, Australopithecus sediba

Discovered by Lee Berger and his son in 2008 at Malapa in South Africa (Berger et al. 2010). It is an almost complete skull and partial skeleton of an 11 to 12 year old boy. It has a brain size of 420 cc and a height of 130 cm (4'3"), and is about 1.85 million years old. It was bipedal with long arms suitable for climbing, but had a number of humanlike traits in the skull, teeth and pelvis

&qu

Update 5:

"Cro-Magnon Man", Homo sapiens sapiens (modern)

Discovered by workmen in 1868 at Cro-Magnon in France. Estimated age is 30,000 years. The site yielded skeletons of 5 buried individuals, along with stone tools, carved reindeer antlers, ivory pendants, and shells. The Cro-Magnons lived in Europe between 35,000 and 10,000 years ago. They are virtually identical to modern man, being tall and muscular and slightly more robust than most modern humans. They were skilled hunters, toolmakers and artists famous for the cave art at places such as Lascaux, Chauvet, and Altamira.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Adam and Eve or the original Adam and Lilath , story is seriously flawed.

the whole bible and quoran is seriously flawed. its the gullible reader which is amazing.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

If I recall the Bible correctly Adam and Eve were the first people God created in Eden, not necessarily the entire world. Remember Cain and Abel and their wives? It was never mentioned that Eve gave birth to any daughters, so we can assume that God created other people in the same manner at some point.

Edit: Like I just said, Eve never gave birth to any daughters but Cain and Abel's wives had to have come from somewhere. Either God created them the same way he created Adam and Eve or he had already made other people the same way that he did Adam and Eve and they mated with each other, creating Cain's and Abel's wives. I don't see how I could make that any simpler.

Source(s): Atheist.
  • 7 years ago

Dude go far enough back in your family tree and I'd bet $1k that there's at the very least 1 instance of incest. Without incest the human race wouldn't have such a high population. I mean in some ancient cultures incest was prevalent among royal families to keep bloodlines "pure." Even if you look at what science claims about evolution; when humans first came into existence there literally HAD to be a case where there was 1 male and 1 female of which had children who had to have children with their siblings. No matter what you believe or agree with, humans are here because of incest.

Source(s): History
  • 7 years ago

No God's plan is always perfect and there is a purpose for everything. Since we all come from Adam and Eve we are all related. This proves the theory that we did not derive from animals. This helps us track our ancestors. Think about it. So Adam and Eve have no mother or father so clearly they were created from God.

Source(s): The Holy Quran
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

You have an odd way of revising history. It is not a concept. It is a recollection of incidents. Also, do you realize how much humans have polluted the gene pool despite incest?

Please stop trying to be so intellectual about the matter. You haven't proven that you know more than what has been revealed in the Scripture. You may as well quit while you are ahead. Going further you will only offend people. From what I can see, that seems to be the intended goal for those who hate Christianity to ask questions in this section. I don't understand why their bigotry cannot seem to find an off switch.

• 7 years ago

They have a workaround. You know how people like Adam, Noah, and many others in Genesis lived for hundreds of years? Yeah, me neither. But it is in there. The reasoning is that God created Adam with a perfect genome. One so free of flaws that the safeguard of avoiding incest was not necessary.

• 7 years ago

You forget that God is magical and so he magically solved all the problems with that scenario after he magically made a man out of earth and a woman out of a rib.

• ?
    Lv 5
    7 years ago

SO you're telling me that

A magical sky wizard

Created A guy and a girl

With DIRT AND RIB

Seems legit

• Doong
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

I'd rather have Adam/Eve as our ancient ancestor rather than some apes.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.