Atheists, prove that god doesn't exist.?

I am Christian.I am giving you a chance to show why god doesn't exist.And I need scientific proof.Links will be appreciated.

Favorite Answer

Can we prove that god doesn't exist? Consider my answer closely.

Not yet!

As things stand now, you can't prove there is a god and I can't prove there isn't. BUT...

Science is moving inexorably forward while religion slides ever farther backward into the black hole of ignorance. The world you live in is full of miracles wrought by science. Meanwhile, religion does nothing but defend ignorance by attempting to"prove" Einstein wrong with bible verses.

As each day goes by, science closes the gap in which your god of the gaps resides, the noose is tightening around his neck. Science constantly seeks new knowledge. Christians sit there poring over their bibles hoping to find a verse that will "disprove" the Higgs bosun and settle for once and all this nonsense about the Earth circling the sun.

God's days are numbered. All you have is ignorance, lies,and logical fallacies.

Duh, if they can't prove god doesn't exist than he must, Duh!!!!

How earth was formed:

Planet Earth was formed 4.6 billion years ago from the same nebula cloud of gas and dust that the Sun and the other planets were formed. However, Earth then was very different from Earth now, and it would have been impossible for life to exist on it. In fact, it is only quite recently in the Earth's 4,600,000,000 year long life that life, resembling modern-day life, has been possible, first with the dinosaurs over 200,000,000 years ago and now with humans and other animals. The Earth is still being formed now. It still has a molten center which causes volcanoes to occasionally erupt, and plates on the surface are constantly "swimming" meaning that they collide with other plates and cause earthquakes.

Earth is still developing. Volcanoes still erupt, the earth still shakes, weather still forms landscapes. Creatures evolve. Some die out, some develop. The creatures that die out do so because they are not suitable for the planet's current conditions. Creatures that survive and flourish do so because they are more adapted to the new conditions. Nobody knows what the future holds. The air is becoming more polluted, and the temperature on the planet is gradually increasing. Earth's protective ozone is wearing away. Earth remains a target for meteors, comets and asteroids travelling through space. There is always a chance that one may hit the planet eventually and destroy life as we know it. Perhaps, the planet will be reborn again as the dust settles.

Just to f-ck with you: If "God" really put Adam and Eve on earth and they were the only two people on earth and they f-cked, arent we all just an after birth of incest?

• Paul

Why should I? You're the one making a claim, that your "god" exists -- if you can't show evidence it does (and you can't), then your claim is worthless on its face. It's not "true" unless I can prove it isn't, it's meritless unless you can prove it IS true.

That said, there's a great deal of evidence your claimed "god" does not exist. Your holy book makes a large number of testable claims and statements, and they all fail every objective test -- clear evidence your "god" does not exist. Not "proof," but evidence.

For example, Matt. 17:20: has anyone, anywhere, with any amount of "faith," been able to command a mountain to move and have it move? Nope. Can someone with "faith" do things impossible to other people, like regrow an amputate limb or levitate 100 feet in the air without mechanical aid? Nope. Other "tests" fare the same -- can you drink poison without harm? Nope. Do you get anything you ask for in Jesus' name in prayer? Nope. On and on and on -- testable statements in your holy book fail EVERY test.

To exist literally means to be a part of the physical universe. If God did exist He would have to be made of the same forms of matter and energy as everything else which is actually real. Were that the case, God's body would absorb and radiate various energies of electromagnetic radiation, exactly as everything else which objectively exists, and there would then be ample evidence of His presence. Humanity has used technology to examine the physical realm, from quantum particles and atoms all the way out to the quasars located at the edge of the universe and beginning of time. Never have we found even a hint that it's possible for an incorporeal Creator to exist within the spacetime framework of the only known universe. Although there will always remain an infinitesimal possibility God may be hidden at some unknown unexamined location, if an entity powerful enough to have created everything real were an actual part of our universe, we'd almost certainly have found Him by now.

Given the Greek philosophies (Solipsism and Idealism) which are the foundation of Catholic theology, it's a virtual certainty that God has always been a mental abstraction which occupies the minds of human beings. The ancients believed mental experiences were the basis of reality -- that it was completely impossible for physical objects to exist independently of human perception. The early Catholic church explained the existence of reality using an unsubstantiated philosophy (opinions without evidence) they called Scholasticism and made it heresy to purport physical objects exist independently of mental processes. Scholasticism impeded Western civilization's intellectual and technological development for fourteen centuries. Uncounted free-thinking intellectuals were burned at the stake to support Christian theology's philosophical tyranny. Roughly eighty generations of human beings were raised believing their mental experiences were actually real and the physical realm was a mental delusion. (Sadly, such overweening ignorance persists, even today.)

Everything changed during the seventeenth century Enlightenment. For starters, Rene Descartes published his opinion that reality was dualistic, that physical reality and mental perception are separate and distinct. Descartes soon feared the Roman Inquisition, sold his ancestral lands in Catholic France, and fled to the Netherlands. Inspired by Descartes, Galileo devised physical experiments which returned the same results, whether they were witnessed or not, and regardless of where they were performed. It was Galileo's discovery of four previously unknown moons of Jupiter and his support for the Copernican heliocentric solar system which enraged the Inquisition, mainly because he had publicly contradicted both Scholasticism and Scripture. Galileo narrowly escaped being burned at the stake by literally groveling before the Inquisition, renouncing his life's work, and swearing his allegiance to the Church. Finally, in 1687 Isaac Newton, safe from Catholic intolerance in recently Protestant England, published his three volume, "Principia Mathematica." This was the intellectual breakthrough which finally freed humanity from unsubstantiated philosophical superstition and proved the physical realm exists independently of human perception -- effectively disproving Solipsism. Newton's use of mathematics to explain the behavior of objective reality ignited the scientific revolution.

By the early twentieth century, the invention of the vacuum triode made electronics possible and the electroencephalograph quickly proved all mental experiences are actually neurological abstractions arising from the flow of metabolic energy through the complexity of each living physical brain. This proved Idealism is also false.

Personally, I find it rather bizarre that today's Christians spend so much effort insisting their God objectively exists, when historically the Church never made such a claim -- in fact, quite the opposite. It's only been four centuries since humanity disproved the Aristotelian worldview, having proved physical objects exist independently of mental experience and now Christians are belligerently insisting their God objectively exists. What irony!

I think it's rather obvious that God has always been a mental abstraction and cultural meme. I'm an atheist mainly because my intellectual integrity won't allow me to pretend a mental abstraction is a physical entity.

No. You make a ridiculous claim. You prove it.

You owe me a million dollars. I give you the chance to prove that my claim is unfounded until next tuesday. If you do not provide scientific proof, I will come and collect my money.

Do you see the similarity? I make an unfounded claim. You have absolutely no chance to prove me wrong. That is why someone came up with what we call "burden of proof". "Burden of proof" is an important concept to distinguish imagination from reality.

They can't prove God doesn't exist in the same way we can't prove God does exist (at least scientifically). Atheists don't believe in God in the same way we Christians do believe in God. Neither side can prove themselves right or wrong because in order to know if God exists or not you would have to know EVERYTHING. Which in case you haven't noticed, no one knows everything. Therefore you can't scientifically prove the existence or nonexistence of any god. Plus even if you could "prove" one or the other using science, it still wouldn't be 100% correct because science has been wrong in the past so who says it won't be wrong again?

Source(s): Devoted teenage christian

The mother goddess concept existed long before Xianity was ever dreamed up and still exists in different religions. Same with polytheism...

If you don't understand the concept of 'you can't prove a negative', then tell me what 'evidence' you would use to 'prove' the mother goddess doesn't exist. Or that the polytheistic religions aren't true.

@ maurog, honest politician? snicker

• PBUM

I'm not definitively claiming a god doesn't exist. I'm claiming not to believe a god exists. Therefore I have nothing to prove. You however are making a positive claim which should come with proof.

• Good

What the asker wants to know, is do you atheists have proof that supports your claim that God doesn't exist? The proof that God exists is the earth, stars, moon, planets and how they rotate around the sun in a perfect order. How earth is set into the perfect place from the sun meaning it isn't too far and not too close.

I'll be happy to, as soon as YOU prove that Zeus, Odin and B'aal don't exist...

-I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.- Steven Roberts.

------------------

Holder of the burden

When debating any issue, there is an implicit burden of proof on the person asserting a claim. "If this responsibility or burden of proof is shifted to a critic, the fallacy of appealing to ignorance is committed".[1]

-------------------

Your Logic Score: F-