AUSTRALIAN GUYS!!!! Should I move to Australia?

I live in America and where I live, guys don't like down to earth girls. They go for the party girls who are wild and they know they could get lucky with. I'm usually shy and reserved. When I do talk to people, I make them laugh and I enjoy their company. I always have trouble getting a great guy because American guys don't want a girl like me. I don't drink or smoke. I'm just me. It's weird, cause guys would hit on me at first and tell me I'm pretty or that I look like Zoë Saldana.(I do look a lot like her. Lol.) but then they are turned off by the fact that I'm saving myself for marriage or because I don't go to wild parties. Since when is that looked down upon? Anyways, I've always been interested in Australia because it's so beautiful there and the people seem so different than America. Also, I have a thing for Australian guys. I always wanted an Australian guy. So, are you guys different than American guys? Would I have a chance with an Australian?

Favorite Answer

Let me just say: You should NEVER move across the world just because you think the people will be somehow better. Idiots exist everywhere, and so do good people.

Yes, Australia does have many beautiful places, but America does too. Australia has ugly areas as well. Don't expect to just move there and live on the Great Barrier Reef. Chances are, houses/apartments in beautiful places like those you see on TV are going to be wildly expensive. As for the men part: Not all American men are like you described. It seems that you're looking in the wrong places... but it's safe to say that the majority of American men aren't "party hard" douchebags(pardon my french) that just want in your pants. It's also safe to say that the majority of Australian men aren't blonde surfer guys with a six pack that will love and cherish you. You'd be surprised how similar Australians are to Americans, for being at opposite sides of the world. To me, this sounds like a case of "the grass is always greener".

Now that I'm done telling you about that, I want to say that you should move to Australia if you feel the need to. If you have done your research, found a house, job, and have saved the money up to actually go there, then go for it. But first you need to ask yourself: Do I really want this bad enough to move to the other side of the world, thousands of miles away from all my friends and family? When you first get there, you will never have felt so alone. You can make friends of course, but in reality, it's going to be terrifying at first. If you don't have a plan figured out, it's likely that you could become very depressed.

So that's my two cents. Yes, Australia is a great country, but moving from one side of the world to the other is a very difficult thing, and I can promise you it won't be worth it if you're doing it just for the sake of dating.

If you even can, they don't let just anybody move there.

Also it's probably not the fact you don't party, most the guys I know only want girls that don't party. It's probably because you're saving yourself for marriage, most people cant understand that and don't want to date a girl they cant have sex with. So sorry but it doesn't really matter where you live you will probably have guy problems regardless.