Can you completely remove moles?

Ok I had two moles removed about 4 months ago. One on the side of my head by my ear and one from my cheek. The only problem is they were not removed. They look almost the same from before. The Dr. told me it would look like a scar that would fade over time. That is not the case at all. They look like two moles and almost the same. Is this normal? (the moles were removed for cosmetic reasons. There was no cancer worries or anything like that, I just wanted them gone, and still do). There not giant moles either, pretty small.

Favorite Answer

The doctor, was he recommended dermatologist from your regular doctor?

Ice T- and Cindy Crawford - famous Million-Dollar model, even Madonna has a good mole on their faces! Google:

Celebrities with beauty marks 122,000,000 r results (0.17 seconds)

Google A Death by Suntan by age 26, Yahoo Shine 3-23-10. In April 2005, while working out at her college gym in Rhode Island, 22-year-old Glenna Kohl detected a hard, golf ball-size lump near her groin. . . . .In high school, Glenna did have an irregular mole removed from her leg. A pathology report identified it as benign, but the surgeon tested it again. The lab had made an error: The mole was an early stage melanoma.

Moles that are the same color as your skin, will become bumpier, not darker, & larger, but they will become as skin tags. Again, don't try to cut them yourself without having seen by a doctor. I've cut mom's skin tags, all 37 of them, and only 2 of them bled. But, I put a Band-aid, and it was fine several hours later. You can prevent getting skin tags, moles, freckles by avoiding the sun @ least 95% of the day. Wear a wide brim hat with no holes, do your errands in the shade, or bring an umbrella, they were invented to protect us from the elements!

Take the Skin Picture Quiz - Identify These Common Skin Conditions on MedicineNet.

STARS WHO BEAT CANCER:

Ewan McGregor: The Angels & Demons star had a cancerous mole below his right eye removed in 2008. "It was great fun having skin cancer," the now cancer-free actor joked at the time. "I really enjoyed it."

Regis Philbin: The daytime host has endured two skin cancer scares. After having a lump removed from his hand via Mohs surgery, he had a more serious lump removed from his face in 1993.

Read more: http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-body/pictures/...

Steve Perry, ex Journey singer: Perry had a mole removed from his face that turned out to be cancerous. "I've had two surgeries in two weeks to remove all the cancer cells and I've been told they think they got it all and no other treatments are required.

Skin moles are hyper-pigmentation located on skin. They may get removed through surgery treatment, as well as by using many store products or home remedies.

Surgery is expensive, being anywhere from around $100 to $400 and can easily bring scarring. Home cures usually are low-cost and may remove moles within only a couple of days with no scar problems.

Home made remedies include onion, fresh juice from sour apples, or even baking soda and castor oil used during a brief time.