Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 7 years ago

Looking for a great book!?

I'm interested in reading something that is challenging such as Wuthering Heighst; Jane Eyre; and Anna Karenina. I just don't see myself getting "into" them (I've been on page 18 of Anna Karenina May of 2012). So I need a book that is challenging ,entertaining and will have me hooked in pages. I've enjoyed the Twilight series (judge me), Harry Potter, Crossing the Tracks (READ IT!), The Help, Nicolas Sparks books, as well as various non-fiction books focusing on American history. As you can see my horizon could use an expansion.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Spike
    Lv 7
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

How about any of these books, would they do. IF you need info on any of the books listed, you can look them up at Barnes and Noble(bn.com) and Amazon.com.

Empire Falls by Richard Russo

The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom

The Little Coffee Shop of Kabul (originally published as A Cup of Friendship) by Deborah Rodriguez

Half Life by Roopa Farooki

The Silver Linings Playbook: A Novel by Matthew Quick

Brave New World by Aldous Huxley

The Company: A Novel of the CIA by Robert Littell

Agents of Innocence: A Novel by David Ignatius

BODY: A Novel by Harry Crews

Not Enough Indians by Harry Shearer

Bringing Down the House: The Inside Story of Six MIT Students Who Took Vegas for Millions by Ben Mezrich

Fair Game: My Life as a Spy, My Betrayal by the White House by Valerie Plame Wilson

Operation Mincemeat: How a Dead Man and a Bizarre Plan Fooled the Nazis and Assured an Allied Victory by Ben Macintyre

Nickel and Dimed: On (Not) Getting By in America by Barbara Ehrenreich

Bait and Switch: The (Futile) Pursuit of the American Dream by Barbara Ehrenreich

Scratch Beginnings: Me, $25, and the Search for the American Dream by Adam W. Shepard

The Magic of Thinking Big by David J. Schwartz

Climbing the Ladder in Stilettos: 10 Strategies for Stepping Up to Success and Satisfaction at Work by Lynette Lewis

The Money Smart Family System: Teaching Financial Independence to Children of Every Age by Steve & Annette Economides

The Folly of Fools: The Logic of Deceit and Self-Deception in Human Life by Robert Trivers

The Selfish Gene by Richard Dawkins

Women of Steel: Female Bodybuilders and the Struggle for Self-Definition by Maria R. Lowe

The New Rules of Lifting for Women: Lift Like a Man, Look Like a Goddess by Lou Schuler with Cassandra Forsythe and Alwyn Cosgrove

No More Ramen: The 20-Something's Real World Survival Guide: Straight Talk on Jobs, Money, Balance, Life, and More by Nicholas Aretakis

They Don't Teach Corporate in College: A Twenty-Something's Guide to the Business World by Alexandra Levit

There's More to Life Than Making a Living: Mastering Six Key Essentials on the Way to a Life of Significance by Jack C. McDowell with Phil Needham

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

Monster Hunter International

by Larry Correia

Series: Monster Hunters International by Larry Coreia

Publisher: Baen Books

Welcome to Monster Hunter International.

Five days after Owen Zastava Pitt pushed his insufferable boss out of a fourteenth story window, he woke up in the hospital with a scarred face, an unbelievable memory, and a job offer.

It turns out that monsters are real. All the things from myth, legend, and B-movies are out there, waiting in the shadows. Officially secret, some of them are evil, and some are just hungry. On the other side are the people who kill monsters for a living. Monster Hunter International is the premier eradication company in the business. And now Owen is their newest recruit.

It's actually a pretty sweet gig, except for one little problem. An ancient entity known as the Cursed One has returned to settle a centuries old vendetta. Should the Cursed One succeed, it means the end of the world, and MHI is the only thing standing in his way. With the clock ticking towards Armageddon, Owen finds himself trapped between legions of undead minions, belligerent federal agents, a cryptic ghost who has taken up residence inside his head, and the cursed family of the woman he loves.

Business is good . . .

Tinker

by Wen Spencer

Series: Tinker Series by Wen Spencer

Move Over, Buffy! Tinker Not Only Kicks

Supernatural Butt—

She's a Techie Genius, Too!

Inventor, girl genius Tinker lives in a near-future Pittsburgh which now exists mostly in the land of the elves. She runs her salvage business, pays her taxes, and tries to keep the local ambient level of magic down with gadgets of her own design. When a pack of wargs chase an Elven noble into her scrap yard, life as she knows it takes a serious detour. Tinker finds herself taking on the Elven court, the NSA, the Elven Interdimensional Agency, technology smugglers and a college-minded Xenobiologist as she tries to stay focused on what's really important – her first date. Armed with an intelligence the size of a planet, steel toed boots, and a junk yard dog attitude, Tinker is ready to kick butt to get her first kiss.

by Eric Flint

Series: Ring of Fire Series by Eric Flint

There Will be Dragons

by John Ringo

Series: Council Wars by John Ringo

• 7 years ago

1 arms and the man by G B Shaw

2 life of pi by yann martel

3 lord of the flies by william golding

4 midnights children by salman rusdie

5 the kite runner

• 7 years ago

Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

this is the ultimate book, read it before the movie comes out!

Divergent, and Insurgent, Alliegent i coming out.This book will hook you, and it is a thrilling page turning awsome book,

• 7 years ago

miss peregrines home of peculiar children

night circus

i dont know how old you are, but im 17 and i just adored these books

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.