How to fix cakey makeup?

Beauty guru's on YouTube wear a ton of makeup and there face looks perfect! Even on follow me arounds and in bad lighting, nothing looks cakey!!! When I just wear foundation and concealer my makeup looks cakey!! Why?????? And how to fix it? Thanks:)

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    6 years ago
    Best Answer

Expensive or at least high quality foundation + light pressed powder on top + A SETTING SPRAY= no cakey

Yu get cakey because pf the texture of your skin and the oils that leak from it. If you buy the makeup formulated with your skin plus have setting spray on top then youll be fine.

The best thing is to cover your whole face with a thin layer of liquid concealer, (a little thicker in the areas that need to be covered up), then with the pressed powder you very lightly use the pad to apply it in long strokes to your fce starting from your nose to the edges, aka your hair and chin and ear line. After that you take a thick kubuki brush, sorry i cant spell that, and very lightly brush away any excess powder. Then after that you spray the setting spray.

The liquid concealer will give your face a completely even and clean and clear look, the pressed powder will set the liquid concealer so it stays on longer and doesnt get cakey, it will also help with providing tht flawless skin look. The setting spry will set everything together so that it stays in the same place on your face al day, which means that your makeup wont move around on your face or even think about getting cakey.

• 3 years ago

Cakey Makeup Fix

• 6 years ago

It all depends on your skin type. Are you oily/combination or Dry/ Normal? It is always best to know before you go out and buy expensive products that aren't going to help make you look your best. It is not about the highest in price is the best product, its the product and what it can do for you and your skin type. If you have oily/combination skin you actually do not want any powders on your face, powders tend to clog pores more so than cremes or liquids. (I am a makeup artist btw) Matte powders are okay if used correctly... say you use a liquid foundation mix it with a light oil free moisturizer *Make sure you use a clear gel -like primer and a little bit of sun screen before you apply foundation ***Also make sure the foundation matches the color of your neck* liquids tend to be less cakey than cremes or moose after apply the liquid foundation then wait about 2 min to apply a matte finish powder it should be translucent meaning NO color to the powder its just a way to loose some shine. Now to apply this matte powder use a brush only not sponges or puffer just a brush that has soft and flimsy and dust your entire face lightly one time. If you want some color like bronzer or blush make sure you put that on BEFORE the matte powder. Also make sure you do not get the powder in your eyebrows. The liquid foundation will most likely get in the eye brows and maybe on the lips take a tissue or cotton ball and wet it to take of the residue on your lips and if you don't have one already wet a eyebrow comb and comb the foundation out of your eyebrows and then with a dry tissue blot the brows carefully without going outside the brow. If you start to sweat make sure you carry makeup sheets to blot your sweat DO NOT RUB... and then reuse matte powder if you think your way too shiny a lot of girls don't realize but a little shine is healthy its a natural looking glow.

If you have Dry/Normal skin its best to use liquids, moose, and no powder needed because that will just dry your skin out more.... let me know if this makes any sense to you.

-M<3

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

Cakeyness apperance comes from oil on the face mixing with the makeup. If you naturally have oily to dry skin buy a foundation for your skin type. Also by applying a loose powder or anti shine matte powder after the foundation and concealer that can reduce cakeyness. The amount of foundation used can also be another result of cakeyness.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 years ago

Try using a setting spray. It makes a ton of difference. I used to wonder the same thing and get so frustrated. Even the cheapy elf one is fantastic to make make the cake look disappear. I recommend spraying it on a few times before you do mascara.

http://www.target.com/p/e-l-f-makeup-mist-set/-/A-...

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

You might not have the same products they do. Also, cameras are very decieving . you don't see EVERYTHING. but if your makeup is cakey, get some baby lotion or moisturizer and rub a little dime in your hands and pat it all over your face. (Do not rub!)

Hope I helped!

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

use less and mix it with a white or clearish primer!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.