Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBaseball · 7 years ago

why arent those dominican baeball players just considered black?

im sick of black people complaining about the lack of african americans in baseball

Look at puig, look at david ortiz look at alfonso soriano smh

• Foxx
    Favorite Answer

They are not African-americans, and as far as a lack of them playing -let's see, you have David Price, Ryan Howard, Prince Fielder, Andrew McCutcheon, Jason Heyward, Michael Bourn, Adam Jones, Curtis Granderson. Tori Hunter among others playing. You are correct of one thing, people should not be complaining, I don't hear white people complaining about lack of more white basketball players, Some folks, no matter their race, like to say ignorant things, and you should just pass it off as that. I think most who are complaining don't even follow the sport.

Source(s): I follow the team-and I don't count who is dark or light-if they play to win, I want them on the team. This is what real fans want. Two of my favorite players are Bryce Harper and Andrew McCutcheon, In baseball, one color-that's the green of the field.

The average black person in the USA couldn't care less about baseball or how many American blacks play the sport. It's the black & white baseball people who are upset because they need the urban kids playing the sport in order for the sport to be considered cool. It's all about trying to keep the sport from becoming anti cool if you can understand that thinking.

Source(s): The facts and demographics
  • The Dominican Republic is not in Africa, so they are not African Americans, or even Americans. They are Dominican.

Ya they are technically of mixed origin as are most people.

What blacks are referencing are standard African-Americans born in the US. They are lacking relatively, I think.

Source(s): Hardball, Keanu Reeves movie

Well obviously they're black but they're not African-American. They're Afro-Carribean or whatever the accepted terminology is these days. It might sound like splitting hairs, but it's important to people because they're concerned over MLB's abandonment of the inner cities in the US in favor of cheap foreign talent.

Idiot, THEY ARE HISPANIC, DOMINICAN REPUBLIC IS NOT IN AFRICA!!! IT'S A SPANISH COUNTRY!! Its like saying, Why arent Mexicans, Americans? Its right next to america! Smhhh.

maybe because the Dominican Republic is NOT in Africa. just a guess.

if you're sick, go see an EYE doctor.

I say just be happy go with the flow by the way those guys make millions and we don't but we could......