What are some cheaper surrounding cities/towns near Boston?

Okay so pretty much, i'd like to move to Boston. But i've heard that the city was expensive, and i'm no millionaire, so I was wondering if any of you Bostonians could give me some advice...

I'm looking for surrounding towns/cities that have fairly cheap residency. I use 'fairly cheap' loosely.

Info: i'm currently living in a duplex, two bedroom, one bath, i'd call it a mid-sized living space.

I pay 500 a month for it.

So I guess i'm hoping for something around that price range. Maybe $500-$700 a month? If you can give me some surrounding areas like a 30-40 min drive at most?

Best Answer

Cambridge, Somerville, Quincy, Revere, Waltham, Medford, Malden, Woburn, Burlington, Watertown, methuen.

Those are a few that are least expensive, but unless you get a roommate your not going to find any place within a 30-40min drive from Boston for $500 a month not possible. If you only want to pay $500 you could get an apartment in Boston with roommates and be paying that or a little less for 3 or more roommates.

I live in Somerville grew up here and we own a 2 family in front of our house and the first floor is $1000 with one bed room, a bath, and a living room and kitchen. The second floor technically has 3 bedrooms because it has 2 floors, 3 bedrooms, a bath, living room and kitchen, and thats $1400 a month.

If you wanted to live further then western mass would meet your $500-$700 a month rent.

Source(s): I live and grew up in Somerville and I rent out apartments.

Towns Near Boston

RE:

I'm looking for surrounding towns/cities that have fairly cheap residency. I use...

Source(s): cheaper surrounding cities towns boston: https://trimurl.im/h72/what-are-some-cheaper-surro...

Boston is an essential mixture of colonial record and cutting-edge innovation. From the wonderful cobblestones of Beacon Hill and innovative landmarks of the Freedom Trail, to the iconic reasons of Harvard University and Fenway Park, Boston is really a prize trove of Americana and with hotelbye you can have the chance to know that treasure. Boston is famous it whilst the "cradle of liberty" and Faneuil Hall is among the areas must-see just as the adjacent Faneuil Hall Marketplace, a place which includes three extended halls: Quincy Industry, North Industry, and South Market. , Faneuil Hall Marketplace is dating from the early 19th century and has become occupied by a lively assortment of stores, restaurants, and exhibitions. In great climate, you will discover road artists and buskers gaining reveals in the square round the market.

Everywhere is being developed, and rents are very high.

You would be living with a bunch of roommates if that's your budget.

It might be better to rethink the idea - it's no place to be if you cannot afford to live in a decent place, and you can't on that amount. Most of the rest of the country has more to offer - seriously.

The governor is bucking for a higher gas tax, and then there are tolls and parking - it's incredibly expensive everywhere you look.

everett malden quincy

Can anyone tell what is the right answer for this question?