Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 6 years ago

is the tea party trying to distance itself from the confederate flag?

Best Answer

What makes you think the Confederate Battle Flag has anything to do with the Tea Party?

Search for yourself, the same flag is at every single rally:

https://www.google.com/search?q=TEA+PARTY+FLAG&bav...

You're obviously not paying attention. The Confederate Battle Flag was flown and displayed AGAINST the party that was formed as the Anti-Slavery Party, also known as the Republican Party.

The TEA Party never had a connection with the confederate flag. There is nothing to distance from.

Not every tea party member is from the South, so I could see why they would do that.

I, however, will fly it high and with pride.

I doubt any of you idiots even understand Southern history, you all think the flag is "racist". Slave owners and the ships that brought in slaves very rarely flew the Confederate flag, almost always the American. The flag is about our heritage and pride, not hate. I know black people that have Confederate flag bumper stickers. Don't talk about something you don't know about.

@ 4WD Greg - I'm a girl, but thanks. And no, I do not associate nor do I know any member of the KKK. I have black folks in my family, and they aren't offended by the flag, why are a bunch of uptight idiot liberals from the North?

You cant' distance yourself from something you were never associated with.

And showing me a pic of one person with a flag from an unknown website isn't going to convince anyone with an iq above a brick

That was one meeting in one little town in OHIO. Please, that is hardly representative of anything at all. We view that flag as what it is, a part of history, anybody who should be offended by it, has been long since dead. You have to act like it bothers you.

• ?

I wish they would since it's a hate symbol.

The Anti-Defamation League has this to say about the Confederate Flag:

"Although the flag is seen by some Southerners simply as a symbol of Southern pride, it is often used by racists to represent white domination of African-Americans. The flag remains a subject of controversy because some Southern states still fly the flag from public buildings or incorporate it into their state flag’s design. The flag is also used by racists as an alternative to the American flag, which they consider to be an emblem of what they describe as the Jewish-controlled government."

• LAN

The two were never connected accept in the minds of simple minded liberals who can't be bothered to actually attend an event to see how badly they are being lied to by the liberal media.

BTW next time you may want to read the entire article to avoid looking as foolish as your link makes you look now.

I'm confused..you take ONE sidebar post from another article and make THAT the centerpiece of the story?!..are you high or just a freaking LIAR?!

LOL "I know black people that have Confederate flag bumper stickers". I'll bet that guys "knows black people" who have white hooded robes with eyeholes cut into the pointy hats!

Democrats fly that flag, ******!