Windows 8 blue screen of death?

So this just happened, I was watching a youtube video when a weird noise appeared along with a blue screen with a frowny face. Freaked out a little I shut off my computer, and turned it back on. It updated and restarted itself. And now its working fine, and it was working fine before the crash too. Also no virus was found in the scan, and I haven't downloading anything either. So, I was wanting opinions on what might happened. Could it been something that's not going to screw up my computer? I really can't afford getting it repaired, and it's still pretty new.

Favorite Answer

blue screens are usually temporary faults between the OS and hardware - a virus would not cause a BSoD unless it really screwed a driver up or something. blue screens do not cause problems, they appear to inform you that Windows shut off the computer before any damage could be done.

if you only had it once, nothing is wrong. it's only when you're getting it consistently doing the same/similar things that something is amiss.

The Blue screen of death is called a STOP error that appears when the issues related to windows is serious that makes it stop completely. If your computer starts successfully it proves that one of the removed hardware devices was the cause of the STOP message. If your computer starts successfully it proves that one of the removed hardware devices was the cause of the STOP message. Reimage Repair Tool helps the user to fight against daily problems that arises including malware infection and other kind of software issues. This software provides a protection wall for the computer systems identifies the hackers or thieves and prevents the invasions.

This happen to me with window 7 nothing I found help had to put linux on it, if it new take it back or take it to a good shop.

Dont worry t much, if it is a brand new unit, Im sure that it has waranty.