Kitty core asked in PetsOther - Pets · 7 years ago

How many times a day should a normal bunny eat?

I think my male bunny is getting big randomly I normal have hay for him daily and feed him 4 times 1-2 cucumbers 1 carrot and a tomato.

What's a good diet for him? I like him fat and fluffy really because it's really cute but if it's bad for him I rather not.

Favorite Answer

Do not feed him four times a day and don't feed him tomatoes its not good for them feed him a salad in the morning and 1/4 cup of pelets also feed him 1/4 cup at night and maybe 1 treat a day make sure he gets lots of exersize too

Source(s): Bunny owner

Hay is the most important part of his diet and he should have it available 24/7.

Greens come next. Greens like romaine lettuce, cilantro, mustard greens, etc.

Carrots fall into the category of fruits for rabbits because of the high sugar content. A rabbit really should not get more than a 1" slice of carrot on any given day. Too much sugar can cause a flourish of bacterial growth in their gut.

The diet he is on now will ensure a short life. If you'd like to learn more about a healthy diet, look under the "caring" tab at this site:

http://rabbitsindoors.weebly.com

• I feed mine 2 times a day with normal rabbit food, hay daily & carrots or whatever I have that he can eat. I don't see any problem with your bunny's diet but if your worried, you can call a vet & ask.

Source(s): I have 4 rabbits

I feed my bunny on a morning and night then give him snacks when I have them handy! Don't over do it on veggies though, it can make them ill