Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesBoston · 6 years ago

Where is the cheapest place to live in Massachusetts?

Really I want to know which city has the cheapest houses.

Best Answer

You can try, Cambridge, Somerville, Medford, woburn, waltham, Malden, revere. Those are just a few that have cheap places to live.

I live in Somerville and grew up here and we own a 2 family and the first floor rent is about 800 and its a one bedroom with a bath and a kitchen and living room. The second floor is about 1200 because there are two floors and technically 3 bedrooms.

All of these cities have easy access to Boston as well.

Source(s): I live here and we rent out apartments where I live.

one of the cheapest is Fall River and New Bedford! I pay 660.00 per month for 2 bedroom 1 bath.

That would be someplace like North Adams. The closer you are to Boston, the more expensive it gets, so logic says cheapest is the furthest from Boston. Anyplace near the water (Cape Cod, Cape Ann) will be very expensive too. So, you're looking for a town near the NY boarder with MA.

Probably in the north central part of the state between Athol and the Connecticut River.

Nice in the north end

2500 for 2 bd 1 bth