Help with German exchange student?

In February next year I am hosting an exchange student from Bavaria, Germany. It will be summer in Australia and we'll both be the same age (15). I will be going over there next year in November but I'm not worried about that. I'm a little bit worried that I won't be able to host them very well... show more In February next year I am hosting an exchange student from Bavaria, Germany. It will be summer in Australia and we'll both be the same age (15). I will be going over there next year in November but I'm not worried about that. I'm a little bit worried that I won't be able to host them very well because I'm kinda awkward and I don't know how to entertain people for long periods of time (they will be staying 10 weeks). They will be having there own room, and will be attending my school. Could you please suggest activities I could do with them to make them feel welcome or more comfortable; e.g. going to the cinema, taking her our with my friends, etc. I just feel like it'll be hard since I spend most of my time by myself on the computer when I'm at home. Also, I am learning German and know enough, but apparently most Germans who are younger know English well.

3 answers 3