Ashley asked in SportsVolleyball · 7 years ago

Volleyball positions and rotations?

So I'm trying out for JV volleyball and got the hang of most things. Once we got into going on the court my coach was talking about all these types of positions and how we move throughout the court. I barely understood anything he was saying on where we needed to move and our rotations. Please help?(:

Favorite Answer

Rotations are really up to different coaches. When you play other teams they might rotate differently from you. Rotation is very confusing to learn. Watching other players will help a lot more than being explained. You switch positions depending on what you are (setter, middle, outside) here's a good link http://volleyball.about.com/od/coaching/ss/Rotatio... that can explain it, you might not understand reading it though, volleyball is more seeing and doing.

This is an easy one. Go to youtube type in volleyball rotation and there are many short vids that will educate you on position and rotation. There is not enough space here to do that.